Friday, October 26, 2012

Smothered Ranch Chicken

Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Oh My!  Ever try this? You must. I really really mean you must. I have even out it on a nice piece of crusty bread. This week I am seriously procrastinating starting Christmas shopping. I don't even know what the heck my kids want yet. My daughter who is 7 is super easy. My son how ever is 13 and is just so hard to shop for. No more Lego's and I have ran out of room to store them all. Any ideas? He is my brianiac loves to read and loves american history. Ish....I just want to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving.  Have a great weekend!

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half, you will have 8 pieces
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup pre-made ranch dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
8 pieces cooked bacon

In a bowl mix dry ranch dressing mix, white wine or stock and Worcestershire sauce. In a gallon size zip lock bag add chicken  then pour mix over chicken. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes but no more than 2 hours. When ready to cook Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish and pour half the marinade mixture over it. Bake for about 30 minutes depending on your oven. Until chicken reads at least 165 degrees. When chicken is done baste each piece with prepared ranch dressing top each piece with a slice of bacon cut in half . Each piece will have two smaller pieces. Top with cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted. I served this along with baked beans, Yum! You could even put it on Italian bread for a mean sandwich.

*Shared over at Weekend Potluck, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Foodie Friday

9 comments:

  1. SOO many of my favorite flavors in one???? What's not to love? Thanks a million for linking up at Weekend Potluck. I'm featuring this recipe on my Facebook page. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a flavor packed, yet easy recipe! My hubby would love this for dinner...a must try dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing this recipe on my facebook page today and printing as we speak! OH MY YUMMY GOODNESS! Thanks for coming to Weekend Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for you! This recipe is being featured at Weekend Potluck today. C'mon over and grab your featured button. Enjoy a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popped on here for the recipe and saw your mention of a gift for your son. Does he have magazine subscriptions? That's a go to at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of a Smothered Chicken dish I get at a restaurant. Now, I can make it at home & I'm sure...make it for much less than eating out! Love the idea of using ranch dressing & not just seasonings.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Follow by Email

Instagram


I Thee Cook

I Thee Cook

View my Tasty Kitchen Profile/>

Labels

Appetizer (42) Asian (7) avocado (4) Bacon (19) baking (5) BBQ (21) Beef (33) Bread (16) Breakfast (12) Casserole (10) Cheddar cheese (24) Cheese (48) Chicken (35) Desserts (20) dinner (40) Holidays (17) main course (37) main dish (85) make ahead (1) Meat (1) Mexican (8) mozzarella (15) one dish (5) Pasta (37) Pizza (9) Pork (31) Potato (19) Potatoes (18) Poultry (74) Sandwich (15) Side Dish (52) Slow cooker (11) Soup (16) Tomatoes (4) Turkey (8) Vegetables (34) vegetarian (19)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved